EDUCATION AND TRAINING (Both Live and On-Demand)
PSTC is proud to offer a series of unique and powerful educational classes covering all aspects of PSA tape design and manufacture. The classes range from a one-day overview – suitable for anyone making or selling tape products – to in-depth technical classes designed for scientists and engineers.
No other set of classes available covers the tape technology with the breadth and depth that only PSTC can offer.
What to Know:
- Fundamentals of PSA on-demand will extend and opportunity to learn at your own pace in either individual modules that pertain to your interest level or the entire class (all 10 modules)
- Each module includes knowledge checks and a certificate of completion
- In-person class includes supporting collateral, jeopardy (group knowledge check), final exam and certificate. Most of all, the in-person class offers an opportunity to network with fellow students
- In-person class offered at Tape Week only
Our three classes cover different areas of the industry at different levels, as described below. The classes are designed to be self-contained and independent of each other – therefore there is no need to take classes in sequence. Many people do take multiple classes over time based on their interests and role. PSTC and the teaching faculty are available to help guide your selection if needed.
Fundamentals of PSA Tape Applications in Industry Verticals (Live!)
This class covers an overview of key descriptions and performance terms of Pressure Sensitive Adhesive tapes. It also reviews two major application areas: the Building & Construction and the Transportation market spaces. It provides an ideal-description of these two applications, and explores why and how PSA tapes are used in these market spaces. An overview of technical terms will be presented, but the class will focus mostly on these applications.
Held in a virtual, live setting, students will be able to interact with each other and the instructor. Class modules will be presented in 60-75 minute segments over the course of six weeks (subject to change). Live sessions will be recorded for those who have a time conflict. Students will be required to verify that they have viewed the recorded sessions in order to be eligible for the completion certificate.
Who should attend?
- Sales and customer service people, as well as entry-level technical staff and those new to the tape industry in any field of work
- Those that are interested in learning more about PSA tape use in the Building & Construction and Transportation verticals
- Those focused on sales and marketing of PSA tape use in these verticals
- Companies that may not have focused on these verticals but are interested in learning more about opportunities
- Companies that may already have a mature line of products in these verticals but would like to improve their knowledge
- Individuals that may have shifted job responsibilities, department or role within their company
- Individuals seeking personal development and proof of course attendance to add to resume
Fundamentals of PSA Tapes (On-Demand)
The Fundamentals of PSA Tape course covers a basic overview of all the key technology areas of PSA tape in a virtual classroom setting. It provides an ideal introduction to the industry with much less technical content than our other classes. This class is suitable for sales and customer service professionals, as well as entry-level technical staff, and those new to the tape industry in any field of work.
There are 10 modules available for purchase. Individual and package pricing is available.
Adhesives & Advanced Technologies (In-person)
Location: Tape Week 2022
This class discusses polymer technology as it relates to PSA Tapes with a detailed technical discussion of polymer properties, adhesive types, chemistries and properties, surface science, theories of adhesion and other topics designed to give a detailed technical understanding of the science of PSA Tapes.
Who should attend?
This course contains the greatest amount of technical detail of the series, and is intended primarily for technical professionals. It provides a complimentary set of topics to the Manufacturing and Testing course.
These classes are taught by a dedicated volunteer faculty, all of whom bring many years of practical experience in the industry. The faculty work closely together to produce the content for all classes in the series. Each class is taught by a small, intimate group of instructors who strive to create an interactive, open atmosphere in each class. These are not speakers who arrive with their own material, unrelated to anyone else’s content – it is a carefully planned, constantly refined and coordinated syllabus.
For more information on these courses or for advice on how to choose the course best suited to your needs, please contact PSTC at 630-544-5048, e-mail email@example.com.